Monday, April 8, 2013

Evil lunch and guilty supper

Day 8 

Then: 220 pounds (15 stone 10 pounds) 
Now: 211 pounds (15 stone 1 pound) 
Lost: 9 pounds 

Rule 7: Don't go to business lunches during the first two weeks of the diet. 

Oh dear. A heavy business lunch today that I simply couldn't refuse - including, I confess, steak and kidney pie. After thick soup. And wine. And I had to have the creme brulee, didn't I? 

I really fear for my weigh-in tomorrow.  This morning I was delighted that, despite the excesses of Saturday night, I had lost another pound.  

I won't post pictures of the evil lunch - far too shameful. Instead, here's how I tried to limit the damage with the lightest supper I could put together: 

Guilty Supper

2 soft boiled eggs, some asparagus spears, and one halved endive (chicory) grilled on the hob and then popped in the oven for a few minutes. I put a very light balsamic dressing on top, and felt guilty all night as my stomach demanded more. That's the trouble with eating the wrong food during diets: it makes you hungrier again.  Deliciously simple, though, after all that excess.  But I'm not sure it's going to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment