Monday, June 28, 2010

Germany 4, England 1, Tom 2


Then: 15 stone 5 pounds (215 lbs)
Now: 14 stone 11 pounds (207 lbs)

Enough said. I lost some, but England lost everything. I had half a pint of beer and a glass of wine in my gloom. But I pushed 7 roast potatoes, a giant Yorkshire pudding a pile of stuffing and a mound of mashed potato off my plate of roast beef at lunch. Just ate the meat and hi-fat gravy. Imagine that just 2 weeks ago I would have eaten all that stuff - and probably stolen some of Jo's chips too.

Disappointment: a feeling of sadness or frustration because something was not as good, attractive or satisfactory as expected. The whole thing was so embarrassing, the entire pub was shell-shocked. I so need pie and chips right now.

Last night I went on a 2 hour walk to calm down. The sunset (at 9.30pm!) from the top of Shaftoe Crags is amazing: you can see Yorkshire, Durham, Berwickshire and the whole of Big-Sky Northumberland. The sheep bleated commiserations for our appalling performance. Back home, I wrote a new blog about the frailties of sportsmen on Blog From The North, with no mention of my wretched, though apparently effective, diet.

No comments:

Post a Comment